Feeling a little lost in the crowd? It’s time to stand out!
Gone are the days of un sexy rental ads. 1 bed, 1 bath… Boring!
Its time to catch our prospects attention and stand out! Let’s get this unit rented!
Here’s our top 10 tips to stand out and get your unit rented!
- Include bright, eye-catching photos. They don’t have to be professional photos but let in the light! Capture 10 great photos of the home. Show case every room. The good, the bad and the not so sexy
- Outline all amenities: laundry, dishwasher and outdoor space are extremely important. Don’t forget parking
- Be clear about pricing and move in dates. How much is your rent, move in dates, what utilities are included. Is parking extra?
- Market your property on various rental sites: Kijiji is typically the most popular, but facebook market place is increasing in momentum. Various sites have different lead funnels. The more sites you advertise on, the better chance you have to get the unit rented
- Outline your application process: will you require a credit check, proof of income or reference check? Include this in your ad, it will save both of you time. Have your application available to be filled out online instead of in person.
- Include the address: some people don’t, but people need to know where you are located
- Outline any rules: pets allowed? smoking allowed?
- Let people know the building demographic: people will want to feel at home
- Include your phone number and email: always be available to respond quickly
- Include a virtual tour: this has become extremely popular but after COVID-19 I think this practice should stay. If you send a prospect the video they can make that decision before coming for the showing this will save both of you time.
In general, the rental market is still hot! But its important to advertise and follow-up. Be ready to respond quickly and secure your showing!
Looking for help renting your place? We offer tenant placement services as well!